So… as I have told you guys I have a super duper sweet tooth and so I keep trying to find ways to trick that sweet tooth with healthier variations of classic sweets 🍪🍩🍰🍭… one of my favourite things is pancakes and when I get a pancake 🥞 craving I whip up one of two recipes either banana pancakes or these oat pancakes… (these are my favourite for their consistency)
1 cup oats
1 egg 🥚
1/2 cup milk 🥛
3 drops vanilla essence
1.5 tbsp agave nectar 🍯
pinch of baking powder
greek yoghurt (2% fat)
agave nectar 🍯
- First place all the dry ingredients (oats and baking powder) into a blender and blend till a flour like consistency is achieved.
- Then add all the wet ingredients (egg, vanilla essence, agave nectar and milk) and blend until you get a pancake batter.
- Put a frying pan on medium heat and add one teaspoon of coconut oil to the pan. Once the oil is hot add one ladel of the pancake mix and allow to cook for about 5 minutes (until the pancake no longer seems liquid-y) and then turn it over for another couple of minutes until both sides are brown.
- This mixture makes about three large pancakes.
- I usually then garnish with greek yoghurt, berries and agave nectar – but you can have your pick of garnishes 😁
Thanks for reading and if you give them a try don’t forget to comment below!
Leave a Reply